SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 15, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Digital Realty (NYSE: DLR), a leading global provider of carrier- and cloud-neutral data center, colocation and interconnection solutions, announced today that registration for MarketplaceLIVE 2020 on Thursday, November 19 is now open. This year's event, focused on the theme of Defying Gravity, will provide a unique attendee experience, running for the first time as a one-day global virtual event with dedicated tracks in international-friendly time-zones.
At this crucial moment in our history, enterprises are facing myriad challenges, from an unpredictable economy, an explosion of global enterprise data growth to a world in a state of flux. These factors combined are driving business to adapt quickly to new ways of working digitally. The only way to rise above it all is to Defy Gravity.
What: MarketplaceLIVE 2020 is an industry-leading event bringing together the global connected community to shape the future of digital business. The increased pace of digital-enabled interactions and resulting growth in the volumes of data exchanged globally are opening up compelling opportunities for today's hybrid enterprises. Enterprises who harness the power of data gravity are able to transform how they create and deliver value, and ultimately stay ahead of their competition.
To examine its impact, Digital Realty recently unveiled the inaugural Data Gravity Index DGx™, which quantifies just how rapidly enterprise data is growing in metro areas and its effect on global 2000 enterprises. Data Gravity Index DGx findings provide critical insights that will inform this year's MarketplaceLIVE event.
Who: Join Digital Realty, the largest global provider of multi-tenant data center capacity, and inspirational leaders from the enterprises, networks and cloud providers who are defying gravity and forging the digital business models of the future. Sessions include:
- Bill Stein, Digital Realty's Chief Executive Officer, will deliver the opening keynote of MarketplaceLIVE 2020 on Defying Gravity and outline how the data center industry stands at a critical inflection point.
- Geoffrey Moore, chairman, founder and managing partner of TCG Advisors will introduce the concept of Escape Velocity and how it can free companies' futures from the pull of the past. Legacy business models exert their own gravitational pull on organizations that need to be overcome to create true business velocity. In this inspiring keynote, Moore will call out the misconceptions and behaviors that trap enterprises into outdated franchises.
- Jayshree Ullal, president & CEO of Arista Networks will keynote MarketplaceLIVE 2020 on the theme of Defying Gravity via next-generation networking paradigms. Ullal has led Arista for over a decade and will share key insights from her unique entrepreneurial journey.
- Gartner VP & Distinguished Analyst Drue Reeves, will discuss the impact of data gravity across the core, cloud and edge and the significant implications for future IT architectures.
- Dave McCrory VP of Growth and Insights at Digital Realty and James Urqhuart, strategic executive advisor at Vmware Tanzu introduce Data Gravity, the next megatrend impacting enterprise growth and explain how the recently released Data Gravity Index™ is an important tool for customers.
- Dr. Shawna Pandya, physician, speaker, aquanaut, martial artist will outline the importance of staying resilient in the face of impossible odds. Hear her story and her advice on how tech leaders can defy gravity and rise above today's challenges.
- Irish tech visionary Dr. Anita Sands will take on the challenge of Defying Echo Chambers. The prospect of tech growing, evolving and having more influence without the input of women and BIPOC is concerning. Her session will outline why including input and insights from everybody will help our industry produce the best technology possible.
- British futurist Nikolas Badminton will discuss the coming trends that will shape impactful organizations, trillion-dollar companies, progressive governments, and 200+ billion-dollar investment funds in a session on Defying Gravity: Redefining Our Future.
When: Thursday, November 19, 2020
- APAC sessions start at 2:00 p.m. SGT / 5:00 p.m. AEDT
- EMEA sessions start at 9:00 a.m. GMT / 10:00 a.m. CET
- Americas sessions start at 6:00 a.m. PST / 9:00 a.m. EST / 11:00 a.m. BRT
Where: This year's event will take place digitally at www.marketplacelive.com. Register for your complimentary pass here. Attendees can expect inspiring keynotes, analyst insights, virtual data center tours, global customer perspectives, technical breakouts, networking opportunities, entertainment and much more.
Press and analysts interested in attending MarketplaceLIVE 2020 can register for a press/analyst pass through the registration form or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Press/analysts will have exclusive activities and access to Digital Realty executives.
- For more information on MarketplaceLIVE and why you should attend, please visit: www.marketplacelive.com/why-attend
- To view the agenda, please visit: www.marketplacelive.com/lineup
- Download the Data Gravity Index report and press release, and media kit. Learn more on the DGx Insights Hub
- For questions about press registration, please contact: email@example.com
- Stay Connected: Follow us @MPLevent on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn for our latest updates.
About Digital Realty
Digital Realty supports the world's leading enterprises and service providers by delivering the full spectrum of data center, colocation and interconnection solutions. PlatformDIGITAL®, the company's global data center platform, provides customers a trusted foundation and proven Pervasive Datacenter Architecture PDx™ solution methodology for scaling digital business and efficiently managing data gravity challenges. Digital Realty's global data center footprint gives customers access to the connected communities that matter to them with 280 facilities in 47 metros across 22 countries on six continents. To learn more about Digital Realty, please visit digitalrealty.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Media & Industry Analyst Relations
+1 (415) 508-2812
John J. Stewart / Jim Huseby
+1 (415) 738-6500
This press release contains forward-looking statements which are based on current expectations, forecasts and assumptions that involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual outcomes and results to differ materially, including statements related to MarketplaceLIVE, including speakers and planned events, Data Gravity Index DGx™ and PlatformDIGITAL®. For a list and description of such risks and uncertainties, see the reports and other filings by the company with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. The company disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/digital-realtys-marketplacelive-2020-to-focus-on-defying-gravity-301152841.html
SOURCE Digital Realty