SOURCE: 3BL AlertsDESCRIPTION:
Sysco Corporation (NYSE: SYY), the leading global foodservice distribution company, has published its 2020 Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Report, documenting the company’s progress toward its 2025 CSR goals and demonstrating its “Leadership In Extraordinary Times.”
Sysco’s industry-leading CSR strategy sets a clear path for the future and demonstrates the company’s enduring commitment to caring for people, sourcing products responsibly and protecting the planet.
Fiscal year 2020 highlights include:
- Donated 30 million meals globally, and helped more than 900 community organizations, to address hunger and food insecurity during COVID-19.
- Launched a global mental health and well-being campaign, encouraging associates to take a pledge to support mental health and sharing 10 Ways to promote mental health.
- Launched a global “Real Talk” initiative to promote safe, open and ongoing dialogue about racial and social injustice.
- Established responsible sourcing commitments in the company’s U.S. and Canadian markets for four key commodities, including beef, paper, soy and coffee.
- Launched a new Animal Welfare Policy for Suppliers to contribute to the improvement of animal welfare practices across the industry.
- Sourced 99% of the company’s top 15 wild-caught Portico Brand seafood species from fisheries that are MSC certified, in MSC assessment, or in a comprehensive fishery improvement project (as of December 31, 2019).
- Launched work to assess the company’s carbon footprint with the intention of revising its energy goals to align with science and be global in scope.
- Improved energy efficiency by 16.6% since 2014 in U.S. and Canada operations and in FY20 identified nearly 290 emissions-reduction improvements at 19 facilities.
- Installed two new solar arrays for a total of 10,880 MWh generated at eight sites.
Complementing efforts in North America, Sysco’s operations in Europe and Latin America also made substantial contributions to support local communities and protect the environment. For example, Sweden’s Menigo Foodservice team phased out the use of black plastic from its own meat production in FY20, and Mayca associates prepared 50,000 meal kits for the Costa Rican National Emergency Committee.
“I am so proud of how Sysco associates have supported our communities – and each other – while also making significant progress toward our CSR goals. They have risen to the challenges the pandemic has presented and showed the power of Sysco people working together,” said Neil Russell, Sysco’s vice president of corporate affairs. “I am truly excited about the opportunities we have before us to become an even more responsible and sustainable organization – one that continues to exceed the expectations of our customers and stakeholders.”
Tweet me: .@Sysco has published its 2020 Corporate Social Responsibility #CSR Report, documenting the company’s progress toward its 2025 CSR goals and demonstrating its “Leadership In Extraordinary Times.” https://bit.ly/2Jh4rGV via @ReportAlert
KEYWORDS: Sysco Corporation, ReportAlert