As the coronavirus pandemic continues to present health care and financial challenges to Ohio communities, leading health and well-being company Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) and its philanthropic entities are collaborating with local community service organizations in a multi-faceted initiative to protect and care for Ohioans. To date, contributions total more than $1.6 million in financial grants for COVID-19 relief and economic recovery efforts.
The goal is to address urgent and long-term community needs, including access to food, shelter, and medical care. Thus far, Humana’s continuing investment in Ohio includes:
- Humana Foundation: The foundation has issued more than $1 million in direct relief to Ohio nonprofit organizations battling the community impact of COVID-19. Grant recipients include: Greater Cincinnati Foundation; The HealthCare Connection, a Federally Qualified Health Center in the Cincinnati area; twelve Feeding America® member food banks (including in Cincinnati, Cleveland, and Dayton); and three free health care clinics – in Columbus, and near Akron and Toledo – supported by the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) Foundation’s Family Medicine Cares USA.
- Humana Regional COVID-19 Relief and Investment Funds: The funds have contributed approximately $400,000 to community organizations that include the Ohio Association of Food Banks and the Coalition on Homelessness and Housing in Ohio (COHHIO); and distributed about 11,000 PPE masks to nonprofits such as the Ohio Children's Alliance and the Ohio Association of Community Health Centers (OACHC).
- Humana’s Basic Needs Food Insecurity Response: The company’s COVID-19 Rapid Response initiative – which identifies and assists Humana health care plan members in need of access to healthy food - has facilitated the delivery of more than 20,000 meal kits across Ohio.
- Humana’s Bold Goal Initiative: Greater Cincinnati – home to more than 2,400 Humana employees – is one of the company’s newest Bold Goal communities. As such, Cincinnati is a designated focus area for combatting health-related social factors such as food insecurity, social isolation, housing quality, and loneliness. As part of this initiative, more than $210,000 has been granted to local social service organizations like Maslow’s Army, which helps the homeless, and Council on Aging of Southwestern Ohio (COA).
“At a time when so many people are relying on our services, it’s more important than ever that we’re able to serve the community without disruption,” said Lisa Hamler-Fugitt, Executive Director of the Ohio Association of Food Banks. “Humana has made a real difference in helping us continue to provide food for Ohioans and protect the most vulnerable from the tremendous challenges of the coronavirus pandemic.”
“During the midst of this ongoing crisis, community nonprofits are providing vital frontline services, and Humana is committed to doing our part to help these critical organizations here in Ohio,” said Humana’s Regional Vice President of Health Services Nisha Patel, M.D., who is based in the Columbus area. “We at Humana feel a responsibility and want to be part of a collective effort to serve people across the state, in keeping with our dedication to the health and well-being of the communities we serve.”
Humana Inc. is committed to helping our millions of medical and specialty members achieve their best health. Our successful history in care delivery and health plan administration is helping us create a new kind of integrated care with the power to improve health and well-being and lower costs. Our efforts are leading to a better quality of life for people with Medicare, families, individuals, military service personnel, and communities at large.
To accomplish that, we support physicians and other health care professionals as they work to deliver the right care in the right place for their patients, our members. Our range of clinical capabilities, resources and tools – such as in-home care, behavioral health, pharmacy services, data analytics and wellness solutions – combine to produce a simplified experience that makes health care easier to navigate and more effective.
More information regarding Humana is available to investors via the Investor Relations page of the company’s web site at www.humana.com, including copies of:
- Annual reports to stockholders
- Securities and Exchange Commission filings
- Most recent investor conference presentations
- Quarterly earnings news releases and conference calls
- Calendar of events
- Corporate Governance information
Humana Corporate Communications