June 16, 2021 /3BL Media/ - The Hispanic Association on Corporate Responsibility (HACR) has announced the members of its Young Hispanic Corporate Achievers ™ (YHCA) 2021 cohort.
Launched in 2007, YHCA is an intensive three-month leadership advancement, education, and training program for high-potential Hispanic professionals aged 25 to 40 from Fortune 500 and/or HACR Corporate Member companies. Curriculum focuses on corporate diversity, personal and professional development, and community engagement. Candidates are selected based on their demonstrated leadership capabilities at their respective corporations.
“Making gains in Hispanic inclusion in Corporate America will require the cultivation of a robust pipeline of diverse talent,” said Cid Wilson, president and CEO at HACR. “The HACR YHCA program provides an invaluable opportunity for companies to advocate for and highlight their promising future leaders. Through our YHCA program, companies give these individuals practical training to put their potential to work.”
“HACR’s YHCA program holds a unique and valuable place in the corporate sector’s arsenal of leadership advancement strategies,” said Sylvia Perez Cash, senior vice president of operations at HACR. “It offers a dynamic environment, designed by and for Latinx executive leaders, in which the diversity of Latinx cultures is not only celebrated but also integrated into practical tools and strategic perspectives critical to c-suite and senior executive leadership.”
The 2021 cohort pioneered a 100% virtual program for the first time in the program’s history due to the global pandemic. The comprehensive curriculum explored topics including authentic leadership, effective negotiation and communication techniques, personal branding, strategic board service, and corporate board readiness. Forty-six individuals representing 32 companies successfully completed the program.
HACR recognizes this year’s program participants as members of the next generation of executive leadership. The 2021 HACR YHCA cohort includes:
- Jacqueline Aguilar, Attorney, Procter & Gamble
- Oscar Artola, Vice President, Corporate and Institutional Banking, PNC Bank
- Anelis Aurand-Araos, QA Compliance Director, Catalent Inc.
- Vanessa Avanzini, Digital Product Manager, Capital One
- Jean-Louis Balaguer, Senior Manager, Strategic Planning, Dell Technologies
- Alex Brack, Digital Marketing, Events, Dell Technologies
- Keysha Camps, Engineering Group Manager, General Motors
- Lorenzo Xavier Cano, Operational Excellence Lead, Cigna
- Mariana Carvalho, Systems Engineer, Dell Technologies
- Andrew Estrada, Associate Manager, Social Responsibilities and Partnerships, Prudential Financial
- Hope M. Field, Senior Manager, National Groups, Public Policy and Government Relations, The Coca-Cola Company
- Mauricio Garcia, Creative Manager, Capital One Financial
- Javier Garcia-Mendoza, Quality and Coordination Supervisor, ExxonMobil
- Angie Garza, Head of Global Procurement, Amazon Web Services
- Rocío Indacochea, Multicultural Merchandiser, The Kroger Co.
- Diego Jaramillo, IT Site Manager, Americas Fuel and Lubricants, Chevron
- Bryant Krongard, Vice President, Goldman Sachs
- Melissa Larrazabal, Group Product Director, Patient Experience Marketing, Johnson & Johnson
- Jubencio Linares, Product Engineering Supervisor, Motor Graders, John Deere
- Daniele Lopes Johnson, Associate Vice President, Talent Acquisition, Nationwide
- Carla López, Indirect Strategic Sourcing Manager, Pratt & Whitney
- Jacelyn Lopez, Operations General Manager, Raytheon Technologies
- Lindsey Morfin, Chief Liquidity Risk Officer, GS Bank USA, Goldman Sachs Group
- Leana Nakielski, Community and Social Impact Director, American Family Insurance Group
- Andrea Navas-Asturias, Global Inclusion Program Manager, Intel Corporation
- Lilliam Arlene Ocasio, General Manager Ultrasound Latin America, GE Healthcare
- Douglas Orellana, Vice President of Intelligent Systems Engineering, ManTech International
- Johana Orellana, Senior Project Manager, Auto Care Center, Walmart
- Rodrigo Plancarte, Senior Customer Logistics Manager, Johnson & Johnson
- Carlos Quezada, Head of Digital Services Strategy and Customer Success, Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Nora Rincon, Senior Structural Development Engineer, General Motors
- Maggie Rivera-Tuma, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Strategy Manager, U.S. Bank
- Jessica Rodriguez, Senior Regulatory Analyst, Prudential Financial
- Carlos Roman, Global Commodity Manager, General Electric
- Faidy Rusinque, Planning Advisor, Research and Engineering, ExxonMobil
- Adam San Miguel, Client Director, Google
- Andrew Sanchez, Local Content and Parts Analysis Manager, Toyota Motor North America
- Damaris Sardenberg, Finance Director, Microsoft
- Alexyn Scheller, Brand Manager, Altria Group
- Valeria Stoughton, Engineering Consultant, GE Additive
- Cesar Trujillo, Senior Vice President, National Implementation Manager, Wells Fargo & Company
- Carolina Vargas, Senior Vice President, Senior Operations Manager, Truist Bank
- Mariana Verdi, Facilities Engineer, Chevron
- Jessica Vila-Goulding, Associate Director, Pension Asset Management, Ford Motor Company
- Oscar Vives Ortiz, Wealth Strategist, PNC Wealth Management
- Carolina Weber, Senior Product Manager, Capital One
HACR will begin accepting nominations for the 2022 YHCA cohort beginning July 1, 2021 and will close the process September 30, 2021. To learn more about eligibility requirements and the 2022 program, visit the YHCA page on the HACR website.
Founded in 1986, the Hispanic Association on Corporate Responsibility (HACR) is the nation’s leading corporate advocacy organization representing 14 national Hispanic organizations in the United States and Puerto Rico. Its mission is to advance the inclusion of Hispanics in Corporate America in the areas of Employment, Procurement, Philanthropy, and Governance. Through our corporate leadership advancement programs, Symposium best-practice conferences, research initiatives, and public communication.
KEYWORDS: Hispanic Association on Corporate Responsibility, Young Hispanic Corporate Achievers